fi’i do .ui ― Welcome! (^o^)
Welcome! “My First Lojban” is an introductory course to Lojban.
Even among constructed languages, Lojban’s richness in grammar jargon and peculiar grammar constructions give it the reputation of being difficult.
However, because it gets rid of all the unnecessary bits of natural languages, you could say that it’s actually a very simple language!
On this site, you can learn the foundations of Lojban grammar by reading the light-hearted conversations between three girls called Koshon (kocon), Sora (soran), and Sevan (sevan).
Collection of Lojban links
Other Lojban learning sites
- la karda: A very condensed overview of Lojban grammar.
- The Complete Lojban Language: The book that started it all. It’s very comprehensive, but slightly outdated.
- Lojban Wave Lessons: A gentle, modern guide.
Various tools (dictionaries, parsers, sentence lookup)
- la sutysisku: Look up words.
- la muplis: Look up sentences.
- la ilmentufa: Parse Lojban text into boxes.
- la jvoxaskei: Create lujvo from strings of words.